Earlier this week we officially announced my "Retirement Bootcamps" coming up in Philadelphia (May 2} and in the Boston area (May 9). I've held similar events - or as I like to call them, "Extravaganzas!" - in the Philly area, but this is the first time that I'll be doing it in the Boston area, so I am really excited about that. Also, the Philly bootcamp is at a new location this year, the SugarHouse Casino. Not only is it a convenient and cool site, I also found holding a retirement seminar in a casino amusingly ironic being that there very well could be someone losing their retirement savings as we are discussing how to prepare others to maximize theirs.
As I mentioned, this year's agenda is a Retirement Bootcamp and we are going cover strategies that will help you provide the best retirement planning for your clients. Some of the topics we will discuss are:
- Starting a second career or working part-time,
- Pursuing personal interests/volunteer work,
- Planning for a longer life expectancy and the associated health care/living costs,
- Possible need for financial support of adult children and/or the retirees parents (negative inheritance),
- Changes in Social Security and Medicare,
- Receiving a Pension vs Rolling it to an IRA / single life vs other pension options,
- Protecting tangible assets such as home, vacation home, and/or rental properties,
- Maintaining proper estate documents,
- Deciding on the legacy you wish to leave,
so we are going to pack a lot into one day! And, as always, you can earn CFP and/or State CE credits to boot.
Anyway, if you didn't get the email with the announcement, now you know. You can find details and registration information on my website or follow the links below. I also want to invite financial planners in the Philadelphia and Boston areas to attend.please share it with colleagues that you think would be interested.
Thank you and hope to see you at one of the Bootcamps.